Augur is part of a large ecosystem of metrics development and visualization under the Linux Foundation’s CHAOSS Project. Augur has five main components:
- A flask server application we call the “Backend”. The backend manages:
- Our restful API and
- Our management of data collection jobs using a “housekeeper” and a “broker”.
- A repository group load interface you can use to add repositories for collection
- A frontend (**and** a NEW frontend in development at https://github.com/augurlabs/augur_view ) Check out a more detailed presentation of our different front-ends on this page!
- Workers, which collect and analyze open source software health and sustainability data.
- All of our data is in a well designed Postgresql relational database schema. You can connect to your own Augur database using https://github.com/chaoss/augur-community-reports AND now using CHAOSS metrics models. Our first one is here: https://github.com/chaoss/wg-metrics-models/tree/main/implementations/community-welcomingness